Sambal Potatoes|Sambal Ubi Kentang with homemade sambal. Save this easy recipe to make today! I miss all of you.🥰
Don’t forget to care for yourself and others; Don’t forget to speak up; Don’t forget to teach. Share love, kindness, and compassion! Best, WoonHeng❤️
Recipe (yields 2-3 servings)
– 2-3 medium-size (about 1lb = 453g) potatoes (used Russet)
– 1 small onion – diced/finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic – finely minced
– 1 red jalapenõ – diced (optional)
– 2-3 tablespoons sambal (recipe on highlight) or sambal oelek or garlic chili sauce
– 1/4 cup [60ml] coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– oil for cooking, salt to taste, a handful of chopped green onions
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F (220°C)
2. Wash and cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes. Drain potatoes on a paper towel to remove moisture.
3. Transfer potatoes into a mixing bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons oil (use oil that can withstand high heat).
4. Place potatoes on a greased baking pan and bake for 30 mins until crispy, flipping in between.
5. In a heated non-stick pan with 2-3 teaspoons oil, sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic and cook until aromatic.
6. Add in sambal and give it a quick stir, then stir in coconut milk and sugar.
7. Finally, add the roasted potatoes and toss them with the sauce until all potatoes are well coated.
8. Garnish with a handful of chopped green onions and serve warm with rice.
Reposted from @woon.heng