Ginger Shallot Tossed Noodles🤩 is my quick 15-minute meal which is also a version of Kon Lo Mee ‘干捞面’ (dry tossed noodles)💚. What is your quick go-to noodle recipe? We have been blessed with a lot of greens this year so I used homegrown bok choy in this recipe. I hope you give this simple meal a try. Sending loads of positive energy🌟 and vibes to all of you and please stay safe. Best, WoonHeng❤️
Recipe (2 servings)
– 2 servings noodles of choice
– 2 servings veggies, blanched (used homegrown bok choy)
– 4oz pan-fried tofu sticks (used firm tofu)
– 2-3 slices ginger (chopped or as-is)
– 1 small shallot (finely chopped)
– 1/4 cup [60ml] vegetable broth
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1/2 tablespoon stir fry sauce (recipe on highlights, look for the ‘stir fry sauce’ button👌🏻)
– a drizzle of toasted sesame oil
– oil for cooking
– for garnish – chopped scallions/green onions and toasted sesame seeds, a drizzle of chili oil with sediment
1. In a preheated non-stick frypan/pot with 1 tablespoon oil, sauté shallots until translucent, then add ginger and continue to cook until ginger turns slightly brown.
2. Add in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
3. Then, add the pan-fried tofu, soy sauce, stir-fry sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Let the sauce simmer for a few seconds until slightly reduced. Turn off the heat.
4. Add drained cooked noodles, vegetables and toss all ingredients together until all incorporated.
5. Garnish with chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle of chili oil with sediment before serving.
Note: I normally use 2 stoves, one to pan-fry my tofu which I then use to saute my shallots, etc. The other stove is where I use a pot to blanch my veggies and noodles which makes this a 15-minute meal.☺️